Renewing/Replacing Documents

Visa Stamp

I-94 Arrival/Departure Card

Form DS-2019

The institution that issued you your Form DS-2019 can issue you a replacement if it is lost, stolen, or damaged.

  • If UC San Diego issued you your document, email the International Faculty & Scholar Office at to request a new DS-2019
  • If your form was not issued by UC San Diego, contact a Responsible Officer from the form-issuing institution.

Form I-797 Notice of Action

  • U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services can issue you a replacement Form I-797 Notice of Action (H-1B, O-1) if it is lost or stolen.  File Form I-824.


Permanent Resident Card

Contact Us

International Faculty & Scholar Office (IFSO)
(858) 246-1448

Monday through Friday
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.

Subscribe to the ListServ for International Scholars